Texas Adult Education Content Standards and Benchmarks Revisions Project
This project will align the existing TAECSB with the Texas College & Career Readiness Standards (TCCRS), the End of Course Exams for the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR), the Texas Certificate of High School Equivalency, and the Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA) and other recognized educational and college and career performance indicators.
Revise and align the TAECSB by incorporating existing standards and assessment research, tools, and products including, but not limited to:
1. The Texas College & Career Ready Standards (TAECSB),
2. The Texas Certificate of High School Equivalency,
3. The Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA),
4. National Reporting Systems (NRS) guideline descriptors, and
5. Recommendations from content standards expert contracted by TEA.
NOTICE OF ONLINE PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD AND PUBLIC COMMENT SESSIONS FOR THE DRAFT TEXAS ADULT EDUCATION CONTENT STANDARDS AND BENCHMARKS (TAECSB)
Public input is being sought by the Texas Workforce Commission, the Standards Working Group (SWG) and TAECSB revision project staff to help guide the refinement of the draft Texas Adult Education Content Standards and Benchmarks. Public comment will be collected via two methods: online public comment and public comment sessions.
NOTICE OF ONLINE PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
The online public comment period will be held July 15, 2016, to August 15, 2016, to receive input on the draft Texas Adult Education Content Standards and Benchmarks. Written comments may be submitted to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TAECSB_PublicComment .
ALL COMMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5:00 P.M. August 15, 2016.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC COMMENT SESSIONS
In addition to the online public comment option, four public comment sessions have been scheduled during the month of August.
Attendees who wish to speak (up to 3 minutes) will be asked to sign in and are invited (but not required) to bring a copy of their remarks to submit into the record of the event. An audio recording and notes from each session also will be taken.
- Monday, August 1, 2016 – Literacy Texas Conference, Embassy Suites San Marcos, 1001 E McCarty Ln, San Marcos, TX 78666. 4:15 pm – 5:45 pm. Veramendi D meeting room.
- Friday, August 5, 2016 – St. Phillips College, 1801 Martin Luther King Drive, San Antonio, TX, 78203. Campus Center Building (Building 12 on map), Heritage room. 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm. (park in any of the lots marked for students).
- Monday, August 8, 2016 – Midland College, Marie Hall Academic Building (MHAB), room 101. 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm.
- Wednesday, August 10, 2016 – Tarrant County College Opportunity Center, room 1440, 5901 Fitzhugh Ave. Fort Worth, TX 76119. 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. (Enter the front door nearest the flagpoles. The receptionist will direct you to the room).
- Friday, August 12, 2016 – Interfaith Ministries of Greater Houston, 3303 Main Street, Houston, TX. 77002. 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. Room: The Great Hall. Check in with the receptionist on the first floor. Parking options: 1.) Stuart St. alongside the building, 2.) Francis St. in the garage under the building, or 3.) Fast Signs parking lot next door.
Questions regarding the public comment options may be directed to project staff at 512.245.9046 or by email email@example.com .